Caritas Bergen is the Catholic Church’s charity organization in Bergen. We offer help to immigrant workers.
We wish to open doors into the labour market for you. Our offers are:
- Norwegian classes at several levels.
- Information about your options and your rights in the Norwegian labour market.
- Advice concerning employment, vacant positions and how to apply for a job.
- Help contacting employers.
- Help writing a CV.
- Help registering at Servicekontoret for utenlandske arbeidstakere (SUA), Utlendingsdirektoratet (UDI), NAV, the police station, etc.
- Information about and help finding both temporary and permanent accommodation.
If available, we can accompany you to public offices and job interviews if you need any assistance.
We speak norwegian, english, german, tagalog, romanian and spanish. In addition, we occasionally have available volunteers who speak other languages as well (polish, arabic, etc.)
Through St. Paul Catholic Church we offer social activities, like Strikkeklubben (The Knitting Club) and Språkkaféen.
For more information or to sign up to our offers check the ”services” section of our web page.